The Python Core Development Mentorship list is intended to provide a welcoming introductory environment for developers interested in contributing to core Python development.
In addition to this list, written guidelines for contributing can be found in the Developer's Guide for CPython.
A major goal of this group is to help new contributors feel more confident about participating in the results focused public environments of the bug tracker, python-dev and python-ideas.
The following code of conduct is not meant as a means for punishment, action or censorship for the mailing list or project. Instead, it is meant to set the tone, expectations and comfort level for mentors and those wishing to be mentored on the list.
* We ask everyone to be welcoming, friendly, and patient.
* Flame wars and insults are unacceptable in any fashion, by any party.
* Anything can be asked, and “RTFM” is not an acceptable answer.
* Neither is “it’s in the archives, go read them”.
* List archives are available only to subscribers, but subscription is open to everyone.
* Since the archives are “closed” – cross posting to public mailing lists is discouraged.
* Statements made by core developers can be quoted outside of the list.
* Statements made by others can not be quoted outside the list without explicit permission. 
* We endorse the PSF’s Diversity statement.
* The list administrators reserve the right to revoke the subscription of members (including mentors) that persistently fail to abide by this Code of Conduct. 
 Anonymised paraphrased statements “someone asked about…” are ok – direct quotes with or without names are not appropriate.
 The current administrators are listed at the bottom of the page. Mentors that would like to help administer or moderate the list just need to ask.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Core-mentorship
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to Core-mentorship by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a private list, which means that the
list of members is not available to non-members.