[python-advocacy] An answer to the "why Python" question

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 00:00:30 CET 2008

I think not enough is made of the fact that Python combines legibility
and power better than any other platform.

Paul Prescod says it very well here:

http://www.prescod.net/python/IsPythonLisp.html

Salient quote:

"I get paid to share my code with "dufuses" known as domain experts.
Using Python, I typically do not have to wrap my code up as a COM
object for their use in VB. I do not have to code in a crappy language
designed only for non-experts. They do not have to learn a hard
language designed only for experts. We can talk the same language.
They can read and sometimes maintain my code if they need to."

mt