[BangPypers] hi all

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridhar.ratna at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:21:42 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 7:18 AM, shridhar kyrlageri
<shridhar_c_k at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi..
>  i m an engineering student.. i want to be a very good programmer... but i
> dont know where to start and what to do... can u please help me..

Hi Shridhar,

The best way for me to get started was by *writing* programs. I
started with computers by learning C - I remember completing every
exercise problems in the C book I picked up for learning no matter how
long it took for me. For example, I spent about 2 hours in writing a
program to print the multiplication table from 1x1 to 10x10. It was
the fascination at seeing a program do what one intended it to do that
drove me to complete any program.

Practice coupled with the fascination makes you a good programmer.

As for getting started with Python, you can peruse this page -
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide