[BangPypers] Python Meetups in NCR?

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Aug 31 10:20:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 10:32 +0530, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 00:15:34 +0530
> Gora Mohanty <gora at srijan.in> wrote:
> [...]
> > I am seriously tired of this nonsense of trying to organise
> > meetings, where all and sundry feel free to mouth off, but nobody
> > can be bothered to even click on a link to vote.
> [...]
>
> To follow up to myself: I apologise for the tone of this message. I
> was a little tired last night, and it came across much harsher than
> I had intended. I would like to clarify that the bit about "mouthing
> off" was not directed at anyone in particular.

please hesitate before posting - of course you have the right to hold as
many polls as you want for as many causes as you want, and also the
right to campaign for the said polls. But others have the equal right
not to vote on the polls - either because they cannot be bothered, or
because they do not think things like this can be decided by a poll. I
have organised and participated in very many bofs in many cities of
India - some with attendance of just 2 people and others with a pretty
big attendance and the most successful way of doing this is when the
person who first proposes it also fixes a venue and announces it - then
those who can come come. Forming an organising committee for a bof and
holding elections etc does not work.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves