[BangPypers] Review of PyCon 2010 Invitation

Gopalakrishnan Subramani gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:38:48 CEST 2010

Hi Pypers,

I had great Python meet up in June at IIMB and met *Noufal Ibrahim and other
python guys.* *Noufal Ibrahim asked us to spread the word.. Here is message
I have written for our developers (40+)  and I will be sending this to 100s
of my other friends and ask them to forward to many others.  Can you review
the content, tell me if anything I missed out?* or point me where I can get
introduction message with personnel touch :-)

Dear Team,

Indian Python developers community is organizing the Pycon India 2010, a
large Python developers meet-up exclusively about Python language by Python
developers on Sept 25, Sept 26 (Saturday & Sunday) in Bangalore at MS
Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore. For details visit
http://in.pycon.org/2010/.  There would be various topics presented to
audiences who are from Python beginners to expert developers. The hall would
be full of geeks and nerds talking Python. You can get opportunity to meet
people with different application domains.

If you have experience in Python and interested in presenting paper, you can
submit your proposal here http://in.pycon.org/2010/cfp. Call for proposal is
open till July 31.. You can see my proposal here
http://in.pycon.org/2010/talks/12-Building-High-Performance-websites-using-Python-and-Redis(Awaiting
for review!!!). You can find more talks here..
http://in.pycon.org/2010/talks.

Python has been used with almost all the operating systems, Java
environment, .NET, Embeded and Mobile devices.

Whatever technology you are using or mastered, you should know at least one
nice scripting language like Python or Ruby to solve your own problems. You
can write 10 or 20 lines of code in 5 minutes and it can save you a day or
week (that depends on your manual work complexity). Python would be useful
for writing small throw away scripts to large enterprise applications.  I
strongly recommend you to get participate in the Pycon India meeting.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopalakrishnan