[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies leadership

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:54:24 CEST 2006

everyone,

throughout the past several years, there have been a number of us
"responsible" for BayPIGgies, Deidre, Danny, myself, Chad briefly, and
more recently Aahz, and Tony.  However, it seems that most of this
list has disappeared in one form or another... I haven't seen Deirdre
in years, Aahz in almost a year, Chad's gone, Reg moved to Colorado,
and Danny is now gone to graduate school.  So it's been just Tony and
myself recently, and with the arrival of our 2nd baby coming up in a
few weeks, I too, will be out of the picture for several months.

at the coming meeting, i would like to propose new volunteers step up
to the plate to help run BayPIGgies and keep it going, get the snacks
going again, invite speakers, and help coordinate the whole group in
general.  things really got cold for a bit when we had our 1st baby,
and i don't want to see that happen again.  i want to see new
leadership with energy and passion, to kick us all awake, and to be
able to bring meaningful discussion and talks to our group.

so, if you have the energy, drive, and desire to grow BayPIGgies to be
even better than it is now, please come prepared to tell folks about
your vision of BayPIGgies in the future, and everyone else be prepared
to pick 2-3 folks to help run it.  ideally, i'd like to see at least
one person of the 2 or 3 at every meeting to make announcements and
introduce the speaker.  you will also be responsible for updating the
website in a consistent and XHTML-valid way once a month.

thanks for listening,
-wesley