[Baypiggies] April agenda?

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Sat Apr 8 02:46:05 CEST 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Marilyn Davis wrote:
>
> > I'd be very interested in this but I imagine that the event would be a
> > nightmare for the Perl defender.  Even the Ruby person would have a
> > tough time in a room of python lovers.
>
> Well, Rich has his reasons for liking Perl, and we both have our
> reasons for liking Ruby. :)

OK then.  Let's do it!  Does anyone think it's a bad idea?  Speak up
now.

So, what's the process?

1.  Set a date for a few months in advance.

2.  Decide who will be the panelists.  How many from each language?

3.  Invite the local Ruby and Perl Users' Groups.

4.  Invent a list of common tasks and idioms to use as
discussion-starters?

Like that?  Or what were you thinking?

Might you two be willing to be on the panel for those languages and/or
find panelists?

Marilyn