[Baypiggies] (Apr) Agenda?, Last call for IDE demonstrators + (May) Survey results, draw + ?

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Mon Apr 10 16:19:22 CEST 2006

What a busy Sunday!

Here's what I said:

>> I can do plain ole emacs, which I love.
>>
>> But, I have to leave by 8:30 and I'd love to see some other
>> presentations.  I'm happy to give mine first and at the advertised
>> start time, even if I'm the only person there.
>>
>> Marilyn Davis

The offer stands.

> - will anyone volunteer to cover IDLE or Scite, Wing, JEdit, Boa
> Constructor, Komodo, ASPN,  PyDev(Eclipse), plain old emacs etc.? People -
> please coordinate with Aahz and each other, not with me.
>
> - I thought we agreed IDEs would get to go first, before the sprint
> discussion?
> - each presenter would need a fully charged laptop which can project VGA
> (JJ - does Ironport you have a multiplexer (Belkin?) to allow one person to
> speak while the
> next person connects/disconnects/fiddles with their video card/reboots?)
> - Best to arrive early, test the projector, and arrange speaking order among
> yourselves.
> You might find the Jonathan Ellis IDE reviews I posted a good basis for
> feature comparison across IDEs.
>

> (May 11, Google)
>
> I would like to present the 2006 survey results for the first 45 minutes (If
> we have no other speakers, I could use the whole 90 minutes up on this, and
> I could do extra slides, so please speak up now if you also want to present
> separately at May?).
> - results, some graphs, top-n topic lists, conclusions and interactive
> discussion
> - draw for prizes from our goodie box (books, tshirts, conference swag,
> other items)
> (I may not have a laptop so if someone can commit to lend me theirs to
> present from?)

Yes.  You may borrow mine.  I'm sure I'm the most convenient since we
are neighbors.

I just took the survey and it's a very pleasant and interesting
experience.  Now, I want to hear about all those subjects!

Here's the url again, for anyone's convenience:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?A=123951467E24825

I think you're right, that the April meeting hasn't jelled enough to
go forward.  Maybe the group needs a breather.

And, given that we'll have survey results for the May meeting, that
would be the time to give the organization a re-think.

I'll try to get the name change poll up in the next few days: just "Do
you want to change the name?", yes/no/abstain.  I think we've talked
about it plenty.

Thanks again for all your hard work and good thoughts, Stephen.

Marilyn