[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies name [was: April agenda?]

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 00:19:22 CEST 2006

> > > I think this is poking at a tar baby: we will get stuck fixing what is
> > > not
> > > really broken.  IMO, it is way more important *being* an important
> > > organization rather than *sounding* like an important organization.
>
> > > Bluntly, I think taking on a name change is the wrong problem, a waste of
> > > time.  The right problem: upgrading our meetings.
> >
> > That is my feeling. I think we should focus on soliciting quality
> > presentations and setting interesting agenda. I don't know anyone who
> > decline to join the group because it is called baypiggies.
>
> Agreed.

i think that we can move on from the name change.  lots of people have
leaned towards keeping it for many many good reasons, although i can
understand those who would prefer a different name.

my take is that we *already* have 2 names, the "cute" name
(BayPIGgies), and the "official" or "professional" name (The Silicon
Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python users group).  see the top of the
web page. (if you want it actually on the page title instead of at the
top of the content, we can do that too.)

those who like the cute name can continue to use it.  those who don't,
just use the professional name and don't even mention the cute name
anymore to anyone.

-wesley