[Baypiggies] Voting for a new name

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Apr 12 20:59:16 CEST 2006

I felt a bit funny voting for a new name, as I'm not a
big user of Python and have never attended a meeting.

However, having been involved in the leadership of a
number of organizations, I recognize the significance
of names, etc.  If the group is going to become a
professional organization (still an open question!),
a new name would be helpful.  So, I voted '1'.  If a
lot of folks agree, the specifics can be worked out.

FWIW, I think that "BayPython" is a fine name.  You may
get flack from folks located near other "bays", but I
wouldn't worry about this.  I Googled for BayPython and
got no hits, so I'd say the name is free to use...

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com