[Baypiggies] What's In A Name

Ross Parlette ross at pcnt.com
Fri Apr 14 00:21:36 CEST 2006

I am reminded for some reason for something I read in a footnote in the
O'Reilly Exploring Expect book.

(From memory:)

The usual pronunciation of Tcl is "Tickle" but if that strikes you as
unprofessional, feel perfectly free to use the term "Butch Macho Language"
instead.

I personally think "Bay Area Python Interest Group" (Baypiggies) is
completely appropriate. If you wish to leave out the parenthized name, so be
it. A search for the string (with or without quotes) brings us up first on
Google (as it SHOULD!).

I too remember the Figgies, was a long time member, and regret their
passing.

Ross