[Baypiggies] Meeting locations

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 17 20:03:39 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> Here I am again, going back to the architecture.  Why do we meet at
> both sites?  It seems that the Google meetings are better attended and
> the acoustics are better.
>
> Both places are super-cool.

It's partly an accident of historical timing and mostly a deliberate
decision.  When we lost our Stanford meeting location, IronPort was the
first to offer a space, and we saw no reason to stop meeting there just
because Google offered a space.  In addition, there have always been
people who complained that Stanford was too far south (let alone Google),
and IronPort has much better access to public transit.

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"