[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies Member Survey 2006! Closes in 4 days! Make your voic

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 01:58:09 CEST 2006

Hi Anna,

Actually it doesn't, I designed it and tested very carefully before
launching to ensure that is not the case. The survey can be completed within
15min.
(Questions marked (Optional) are optional: #3, 10, 11, 15, 20, 21, 22)

I think you mean that *within a compulsory question* (such as the massive
question #14 'Interests'), all items must be checked, and yes that is an
unfortunate limitation of SurveyMonkey.com. I agree that it would be useful
if you could simply check what you're interested in, but SM won't allow it.
I looked at alternative survey sites and all were inferior to
SurveyMonkey.com.
Now that we have established what topics are of interest, we can refine any
future survey to be more concise.

The rightmost column in most questions is equivalent to "Not at all"/ "I
don't know" or "Not applicable", please talk to me offline about that.

This is the best I could do for the structure of the 2006 survey, for 2007
anyone who has strong feelings on the survey
content/structure/JavaScript/browser support is very welcome to
design and propose an alternative, in 2007. I had to work under very
pressing time constraints that if someone did not take some urgent action
like this soon, the group might continue to lose cohesion and eventually
splinter or implode. The list itself is not a very efficient place to
conduct polls or discussions of member opinions on organization - many
complaints about that.
For 2006, we have already got several incredibly valuable conclusions:
such as the most representative poll ever of geographic preferences and
topic interests.
For any 2007 survey, all your feedback is very valuable.

Regards,
Stephen