[Baypiggies] SWE, Production Engineering (3D Computer Graphics) @ Pixar!
epalmore at pixar.com
Thu Feb 9 00:35:37 CET 2006
Software Engineer, Production Engineering
Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios combines creative and technical artistry to
create original stories in the medium of computer animation. Pixar
has created six of the most successful and beloved animated films of
all time: Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc.,
Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. Pixar has won 18 Academy Awards®
and its six films have grossed more than $3.2 billion at the
worldwide box office to date. The Northern California studio will
release its next film, Cars, on June 9, 2006.
Summary of Position:
This is a software engineering position in the Studio Tools
Department to help support the existing deployments of Pixar's in-
house movie production software. The primary responsibility of this
position is to maintain and fix bugs in our proprietary system. This
is a front line position that requires collaboration with our
engineering staff, project managers, and production users to maintain
mission critical software.
• Primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of software
and/or systems under the guidance of a departmental project lead.
• Works directly with production staff to solve technical challenges
and debug high priority issues.
• Detailed problem analysis and resolution of issues.
• Triage incoming issues and provide rapid response/resolution.
• Strong software engineering skills with expertise in C and C++
• B.S. degree in computer science, advanced degree preferred.
• 5-7 years of experience in the computer graphics field.
• OpenGL experience preferred.
• Strong 3D math and computer graphics experience
• Linux or UNIX Operating System experience.
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with
• Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types.
• Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication
skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Excellent tracking and follow through ability
• Desire to provide excellent customer-service to production staff
To apply please go to www.pixar.com. Click on "Company Info" then
"Jobs." Please submit resume AND cover letter.
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More information about the Baypiggies