[Baypiggies] Software Engineer, (Objective C/Cocoa) @ Pixar Animation Studios
epalmore at pixar.com
Tue Feb 14 23:08:18 CET 2006
Software Engineer, (Objective C/Cocoa)
Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios combines creative and technical artistry to
create original stories in the medium of computer animation. Pixar
has created six of the most successful and beloved animated films of
all time: Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc.,
Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. Pixar has won 18 Academy Awards®
and its six films have grossed more than $3.2 billion at the
worldwide box office to date. The Northern California studio will
release its next film, Cars, on June 9, 2006.
Summary of Job:
The Studio Tools Department is responsible for developing Pixar’s in-
house proprietary animation software. The Engineering Team is looking
for Mac software engineers to help create and maintain new software
for the studio. The position requires a deep understanding of
software application engineering, an ability to collaborate in a
cross-functional team of world-class developers, and skill in
designing and implementing robust, easy to maintain code.
• Develop, implement, test and support software
• Work effectively with a team of engineers and program managers.
• Work with artists and developers to provide world class software
development and support for film production
• 5+ years of experience engineering in Objective-C / Cocoa & Python.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience working with technical and non-technical software users
• Strong OS X application development experience
• Experience developing multimedia applications used by creative
professionals a plus
• Experience with OS X multimedia architecture and APIs including
Quicktime, Core Audio, and Core VIdeo
• Commitment to creating world class production tools
• Strong problem solving skills with high attention to detail and
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work with a team to deliver high quality software
in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline oriented environment.
To apply please go to www.pixar.com Click on "Company Info" then "Jobs."
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More information about the Baypiggies