[Baypiggies] April Meeting Proposal - Ivan Krstić

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Mar 14 01:43:25 CET 2007

On 3/13/07, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was quite inspired by OLPC, so I downloaded an image and ran it
> under an emulator.  It crashed, which was not surprising.  Next, I
> went browsing through the Sugar source code.  I was pretty depressed
> by the fact that the files I was looking at didn't have any API
> documentation.
>
> I really wish them the best, but I do suspect they would have a more
> stable product if they followed better practices.

Yes, they have a problem maintaining proper engineering process (at
least for the higher layers of the code). I'm about to gripe about
that on the sugar list. it may have to do with the general
heads-in-the-sky attitude I've encountered on the list -- they are
talking about running in 3 dimensions while they still have to learn
to crawl in one. :-(