[Baypiggies] newbie question - automating my reporting tasks

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:39:42 CEST 2007

> I seem to remember seeing an example in some book of how to automate
> Excel using Python and COM.  It may have been in "Learning Python" or
> the "Python Cookbook"...  Using
> COM in Python is surprisingly easy.

"Core Python" (2nd ed) has an entire section in the final chapter on
using Python and COM with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.  since
you were the lead tech reviewer, i'm sure this was the book you were
thinking of.  ;-)

i have a Win32/COM talk that i've developed based on the book's
material that i would eventually like to deliver if there's sufficient
interest.

cheers,
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com