[Catalog-sig] Poll started

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Nov 13 17:20:23 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> I just started a poll on the PyPI rating system, at
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi
>
> I'll announce it more widely tomorrow.

I do have a slight problem with the wording of this...

"Allow ratings and comments on all packages (status quo)"

...isn't exactly what you mean. This option should really be labelled:

"Force package authors to accept ratings and comments on all packages
(status quo)"

Likewise, the second option could be more neutrally worded as:

"Allow package authors to choose whether or not their packages accept
comments"

...rather than phrasing it as a negative.

I could also niggle that the options effectively split the group of
people who don't want mandatory comments and ratings in two by giving
them two different options which meet their needs, but I hope those two
groups will be taken into account afterwards.

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk