[Catalog-sig] PyPI (and others) speed degraded

Noah Kantrowitz noah at coderanger.net
Wed Jan 23 09:23:10 CET 2013

Hitting both lists because I am fading and need to sleep before an early flight. Can someone with appropriate access post something to Twitter et al that PyPI speeds will be degraded for the moment and that we are investigating? Other PyPI mirrors should be unaffected so now would be a good time to use one if you have PyPI in your deployment path until we get this sorted out in the morning. Thanks to Antoine for the initial report! OSU is now aware there is problem (we think it is a friendly DoS elsewhere on their network, read: someone is doing a full copy of one of their distro mirrors) and should be handled shortly, just probably won't be fully cleaned up until morning PST.

--Noah