[Chicago] Python sprint at Google

Brian W. Fitzpatrick fitz at red-bean.com
Sun Aug 5 07:01:21 CEST 2007

In case people don't know, Google is hosting a sprint on Python again
this year (in Mountain View), hacking on the language from August 22-25.

 http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleSprint

I'm trying to gauge interest from folks in Chicago to see if it's worthwhile
for us to host a Chicago part of the sprint (videoconferenced into
Mountain View).

This is a great way to learn more about how to change language
features!  So if you want to learn more about how Python works
underneath the covers or how we develop it, come find out.

Right now we are expecting at least the following Googlers will be sprinting:
 Guido, Alex Martelli, Collin Winter, Talin, and Neal Norwitz.

If you are interested, respond to this thread and let me know by
midnight on August 9th, at which point I'll take a tally and see if
we've got enough folks interested for us to host a node.

-Fitz