[Chicago] Capistrano alternatives

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Fri Jan 2 20:19:12 CET 2009

http://buildbot.net/trac

It would be one of those "not really built for but works..." scenarios -- like Capistrano. The pattern of scheduling deployments of some code, running a build, and then reporting the results, is the core pattern that (I think) I'm looking for.

I looked at Paver a while back but after working with it a bit, I didn't feel like I was going any faster than I was with standard Python scripts. I don't recall what its distributed (i.e. multi-server deployment) story was, if anything.

Fabric looks to be spot on -- will definitely check it out!