[Chicago] greetings from PDX user group

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 02:42:20 CEST 2010

Greetings from Portland's user group (Oregon).

Looking for new open source projects?  I think the
coming thing is for universities to brag if they
"eat their own dog food."  Self-respecting
academies don't outsource the basics of
student enrollment and course offerings to
private vendor products.  That'd be my
thesis for some upcoming Lightning Talk.

In the gossip column, what I brought up last
meetup was some discussion of whether to
drop IDLE from Standard Library.  I've got
some ruminations on that on edu-sig here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2010-July/010025.html
(IDLE mentioned somewhere in the middle).

Nice chatting with ya,

Kirby Urner

PSF '09

ps:   fond memories of Pycon 2009