[C++-sig] New indexing suite nearing review readiness

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 14:20:22 CEST 2003

I'm almost ready to release the new indexing suite for general testing
and review. Documentation is now available from:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/python/indexing/containers.html

In order to make the code generally usable, it will need some Jamfile
changes since there are two non-template .cpp modules, and I'm not
sure how best to go about this. The easiest way (for me) would be to
add the new .cpp files directly to the Boost CVS repository, probably
in the libs/python/src/object directory and update
libs/python/build/Jamfile.  I would also need to add some stuff to
libs/python/test (two .cpp modules and about ten .py
modules). Otherwise, I would probably have to update boost-sandbox to
the point where users can build Boost.Python out of there, but I think
that is probably not worth the effort. Any objections to just cramming
it into the real CVS at this stage?

BTW, the two .cpp modules in question are slice.cpp, which handles
Python slice objects and python_iterator.cpp that provides a (very)
basic interface to Python iterable objects, using internally either
__iter__ or __getitem__.

Also, I'll need to decide on the namespace name to put the suite
into. It is currently in ::indexing, but should probably go in
::boost::python::indexing or maybe better ::boost::python::container
so that it can co-exist with the existing indexing suite. Any comments
on this matter?

--
Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)