[C++-sig] Creating new instances of an object's contained value

Matt mjkeyes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 07:02:13 CET 2005

Hey all,

This is probably a newbie question, but I'm curious if it's possible to
create a new instance of an object's contained value into another object
variable in an extension module I'm working on.

For example, I am trying to create a factory method of sorts that will
create a python object and return it.  Rather than load up the dictionary
and module and call Py_RunString each time the method is called, I would
like to only do this once (I'm not worried about reloading this python
object after the extension module is loaded).  Thus, I was thinking of
keeping an object variable that I can "clone", so to speak, and return the
cloned value.  Is this possible?

Thanks!
Matt