[Csv] Moving _csv.c closer to PEP

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Thu Jan 30 14:17:59 CET 2003

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Cole <djc at object-craft.com.au> writes:

Dave> In the process of fixing _csv.c so it will handle the parameters
Dave> specified in the PEP I came across yet another configurable
Dave> dialect setting.

Dave>     doublequote

Dave>         When True quotechar in a field value is represented by
Dave> two consecutive quotechar.

Dave> I will continue fixing _csv.c on the assumption that we want to
Dave> keep this tweakable parameter.

Here is the commit message:

* More formatting changes to bring code closer to the Guido style.
* Changed all internal parser settings to match those in the PEP.
* Added PEP settings to allow _csv use by csv.py - new parameters
  are not handled yet (skipinitialspace, lineterminator, quoting).
* Removed overloading of quotechar and escapechar values by introducing
  have_quotechar and have_escapechar attributes.
Barest minimum of testing has been done.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au