[Csv] csv package ready for prime-time?
skip at pobox.com
Wed Mar 19 00:09:46 CET 2003
I'm ready to move the csv package out of the sandbox into the main CVS
trunk. Since my last post there have been a few changes and comments:
* Cliff Wells contributed his csv file parameter sniffing code
* The installation is now a package instead of a single module (not sure
if the docs have caught up with this change yet)
* On the mailing list, the following threads of significance are found:
- John Machin pointed out a few bugs and raised issues with my
decision to ignore blank lines in my DictReader class. I don't
believe we ever reached a concensus we were both happy with. (That
is, John may still be slightly unhappy with the current results. I
didn't change the behavior as a result of the thread.)
- Andrew Dalke reported some problems using a space character as the
delimiter which appear to be resolved.
Is there a formal process for "dusting off" software which has been playing
in the sandbox? What about getting PEP 305 stamped with the BDFL seal of
approval? (I realize Guido's busy in the run-up to PyCon.)
As a gentle reminder, the relevant URLs are
You can browse the mailing list archives at
You can check out the code and play with it fairly easily. From your
sandbox directory execute
cvs up -dP .
python setup.py install
Feedback to the csv mailing list please (Reply-To: adjusted accordingly).
More information about the Csv