[PYTHON DB-SIG] SQL interface

Greg Stein gstein@microsoft.com
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 12:10:42 -0700

The database interface encompasses many databases, not just SQL. There
isn't a DB2 implementation that I know of. Source code for ODBC is
publically available in the PythonWin distribution. Somebody (I don't
have the reference) ported the Win32 ODBC code to Unix ODBC code (mainly
some simple tweaking of includes and removing some spurious C++ usage).
You could create a DB2 implementation based on one of those, if DB2 is
quite close to ODBC (or simply contact DB2 via the ODBC implementation
and an ODBC driver for DB2).

-g