[DB-SIG] Using CLOBs in Oracle 8.1.5

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz@yahoo.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 09:56:37 -0400

A colleague investigated this problem as far as I know, it appears that
the oci_.c code is using the Oracle version 7 APIs to get the data.
I think CLOBs weren't supported in version 7.  So it appears that
oci_.c needs to be upgraded (possibly a lot of work) to use the version 8
APIs
in order to make CLOBs work.

We, at least temporarily, switched to use LONGs which do work.

Neal