[DB-SIG] Proposal: model database metadata from JDBC

Federico Di Gregorio fog@initd.org
14 Jan 2002 01:15:46 +0100

--=-oO2aLPJTqoHzTtPt21Aq

Il lun, 2002-01-14 alle 01:06, Dittmar, Daniel ha scritto:
> I would like to propose that any metadata facilities for the Python=20
> DB API follow the interface specified by JDBC:DatabaseMetadata:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html

i don't want to start a python vs java flame here, but you seem to
suppose that a java api is good by itself (i myself consider java a
api-bloated language...)=20

can you please elaborate on "metadata facilities" and why such an
interface would be good?

federico

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
   God is real. Unless declared integer. -- Anonymous FORTRAN programmer

--=-oO2aLPJTqoHzTtPt21Aq

--=-oO2aLPJTqoHzTtPt21Aq--