[DB-SIG] bsddb

Anthra Norell anthra.norell at tiscalinet.ch
Fri May 9 00:07:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

     I'm new with this and am having no luck with the bsddb module. It doesn't abide by the manual and shows a propensity to crash the python interactive window. (Python 2.2.2. Windows ME.)

E.g. like this:

   id_db = bsddb.hashopen ('c:\\fre\\dok\\invest\\id.db', 'c')

Producing this:

   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "c:\fre\src\python\db_test.py-", line 35, in ?
       id_db = bsddb.hashopen (db_file_name, 'c')
   error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

The same thing happens with btopen () instead of hashopen ()

Any idea anyone? Suggestions for downloading better alternatives. As I said, I'm new here.

Frederic