[DB-SIG] pyformat Parameter Style

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Wed May 14 07:39:08 EDT 2003

Il mer, 2003-05-14 alle 03:29, Chris Cogdon ha scritto:
[snip]
> This is becoming a real mess.
>
> The ONLY valid solution I see is to very specifically state that
> pyformat allows %s and %(keyname)s, and nothing else, which is what
> many API's already do; they don't specifically check for %non-s, but it
> doesn't work, because the parameters are already strings by the time it
> gets to the python % operator (see code snippets previous in this
> thread).

good points, but please, lets put this in DBAPI document. if format and
pyformat only support %s and %(name)s this should be written somewhere.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the
   time: premature optimization is the root of all evil.    -- D.E.Knuth