[DB-SIG] no-error error

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Oct 19 20:02:31 CEST 2007

Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a python program that converts some data and writes it via ODBC driver.
> I am using a win32 dbi,odbc to do that. (none of the free other ones work)

Did you try http://ceodbc.sourceforge.net  ?

I missed it the first time I went searching for odbc modules.

When I tried it, I got an error that according to the driver docs was only
applicable to the jdbc driver, which I wasn't using.

Turns out the odbc driver had a bug in it, and Anthony (ceODBC author) responded
with a workaround (rename my exe to msdev.exe!) within a day, and within a week
had a ceODBC update that had a more elegant workaround.  (he can't fix bugs in
someone elses odbc driver, so workaround is as good as it will get)

Carl K