[DB-SIG] ceODBC 1.2
anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:11:46 CEST 2007
What is ceODBC?
ceODBC is a Python extension module that enables access to databases using the
ODBC API and conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
additions. I have tested this on Windows against SQL Server, Access, dBASE
and Oracle and others have reported success on more obscure drivers.
On Linux I have tested this against PostgreSQL.
Where do I get it?
1) Added support for time data as requested by Dmitry Solitsky.
2) Added support for Python 2.4 as requested by Lukasz Szybalski.
3) Added support for setting the autocommit flag in the connection
constructor since some drivers do not support transactions and raise a
"driver not capable" exception if any attempt is made to turn
autocommit off; thanks to Carl Karsten for working with me to resolve
4) Added support for calculating the size and display size of columns
in the description attribute of cursors as requested by Carl Karsten.
5) Use SQLFreeHandle() rather than SQLCloseCursor() since closing a
cursor in the ODBC sense is not the same as closing a cursor in the DB
API sense and caused strange exceptions to occur if no query was
executed before calling cursor.close().
6) Added additional documentation to README.txt as requested by Lukasz
7) Tweaked setup script and associated configuration files to make it
easier to build and distribute; better support for building with
cx_Logging if desired.
More information about the DB-SIG