[Distutils] setuptools 0.6a1 is officially released

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:57:14 CEST 2005

On 9/14/05, Kevin Dangoor <dangoor at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I get a 404 when trying to install via ez_setup:
> > The actual URL appears to be:
> > http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.4/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6a1-py2.4.egg
>
> To clarify: the package is available at this URL. But, it would appear
> that ez_setup is trying to get it from the correct URL, but the
> Cheeseshop doesn't have the file there.

That wasn't clear at all. My daughter is teething and woke up a lot
last night, so I've got a bit of brain freeze... Let's try that again:

The URL that I put in my original reply and that appears above does
contain 0.6a1, so you can get the package from the Cheeseshop by
following that URL.

ez_setup is going to the correct URL, but the file is missing (in the
packages/source tree on cheeseshop).

So, all that needs to happen is the source package needs to appear in
the cheeseshop as ez_setup is expecting.

Kevin