[Distutils] Docs re debian distributions for pure Python programs?

Edward Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Thu Jun 21 16:01:10 CEST 2007

Does anyone know of documentation for creating debian packags for pure
Python projects?  In particular, I would like to bypass the make-centric
build process and the debian/rules file.

Googling has turned up pages like
http://blog.mypapit.net/2006/02/create-you-own-debianubuntu-deb-package.html
which contains other links, but I am wondering whether more Python-specific
pages exist.

Yes, this is slightly OT, but I'm thinking that creating a debian package
for Leo might lead me in a direction more compatible with distutils and
easy_install.  Thanks!

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net