[Distutils] [Python Language Summit] Distutils / Packaging survey

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:06:43 CET 2009

Hello

A Language Summit will be held in Chicago the day before Pycon.
http://us.pycon.org/2009/about/summits/language/

I am preparing a survey to get some feedback from the community before
the summit, where I will try to summarize
the status, and the possible paths we can take to make things better.

The desired output for the summit, will be to have a roadmap for
distutils, on actions that meets people' consensus

By "community" I mean all the people that have to use Distutils at
some point, wether they are installing, developing
or packaging for a specific OS, a piece of Python code.

I am working on the survey here : http://wiki.python.org/moin/Packaging%20Survey

And I need help ! :)

If you see weird things, or missing points, please feel free to fix
the wiki page and/or discuss it here

Thanks

Tarek

--