[Distutils] buildout's tests fail for me

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Sep 1 15:19:27 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-01, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Reinout van Rees<reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
>> - Is this something I really should fix in my own setup?
>>
>> - Is there a known fix that can be applied to the test setup?
>
> Yes. Use a clean Python built from source with nothing in site-packages.

Ok, that helped partially.  But then I got an error like:

 distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch:
 now "10.3" but "10.5" during configure

Waargh, that was in python2.4-checking code.  So I tried running the buildout
with python2.4 instead of the 2.5 I've been using: success.

I don't know if the python24/python25 difference is known/intended, but in any
case: I can run the tests now.

> To build the buildout checkout, use dev.py, which is a special
> bootstrap used when working on buildout itself.

I haven't seen that dev.py documented.  Would a "development instructions for
buildout itself" be good to add to the documentation?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com