[Distutils] Static metadata using setup.cfg

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:26:19 CEST 2009

2009/9/8 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>:
>> I agree that the file shouldn't be too dynamic, we don't need a full
>> programming language in setup.cfg because we already have setup.py files.
>
> It's an extremely slippery slope, as soon as there's any possibility for
> weirdness some inexperienced developer will jump at the chance to abuse it
> to its fullest extent :-(

I am restricting the template language to two expressions: "if" and "else"

The values you can work with in the "if" and "else" section will be
restricted to :

- the python version (string)
- the os.name (string)
- the os.platform (string)
- an extra function called "long_description", to be able to point a
file for the long description field

and nothing else.

How anyone could abuse of that kind of expressions ?

Regards
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org | オープンソースの岩!