[Distutils] [buildout] trunk failures on Windows

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Sep 8 21:40:21 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-08, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> Thought I'd try and help Reinout van Rees out by running the tests on
> his branch on Windows

:-) Thanks

> - There are test failures with Python 2.6 on Windows, I've attached the
> full run in windows.txt.

I noticed two things:

- "unrecognized format in .svn/entries": that's subversion 1.6's new entries
  format that is unrecognized by setuptools 0.6rc9 ("All hail distutils as
  that fixed this bug")

- The "bin directory already exists" error that keeps coming up suggests an
  os.remove (or however that's called) in a teardown method that uses a
  non-windows-friendly path separator.  Just a pure guess :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com