[Distutils] pruning overrides MANIFEST.in

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:17:24 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>>
>> I tested and it works for me with distutils at 2.6 and I tried with the
>> current trunk:
>
> Well, something must be different, have you double checked your sys.path?
>
> C:\LocalSVN\errorhandler\branches\docs>python -c "import sys; print
> '\n'.join(sys.path)"
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\python25.zip

That's you python 2.5

> Distribution.get_command_obj(): creating 'build' command object
> exclude_pattern: applying regex r'^build\.*'
>  removing buildout.cfg

That must be a win32 specific bug then on the way globs are translated
(\ should be escaped) with regular expressions. the exclude built on
my mac os  is :

'^build/.*'

which is correct. I will try on a vmware as soon I get a chance,

Until then you can fill an issue in bugs.python.org. I'll fix it as soon
as I have a failing example in a unit test

Tarek