[Distutils] Compile C code and install to script dir?

OB o.borderline at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:15:07 CEST 2009

Hello!

I am trying to get distutils to compile a single C script and install the
binary to the same script directory as the entry point scripts that are
generated for the python part of the module. I would like to use all the
includes, CFLAGS, etc that are used when compiling extension modules, but
this C script is not an extension. Is there a way to do this through setup,
or do I need to use distutils.ccompiler.new_compiler() and try to hunt down
CFLAGS, default libs, etc?

I am using setuptools 0.6c9 and distutils with Python 2.5.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Orion