[Distutils] setup.cfg new format proposal

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:46:59 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 05:14:58PM +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> Also, I've just realized that uname() is a tuple, so I need to flatten
> it in strings to restrict the grammar:
>
> - os_sysname
> - os_nodename
> - os_release
> - os_version
> - os_machine

When I asked for this I was imagening (wrongly) way more to go in
setup.cfg then just the meta-data.  To be honest in that case I don't
think I've got a use for os.uname() to be available.  While nothing is
wrong with having it, if no one else thinks they need it maybe it's
unnecessary complication?

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom