[Distutils] stdeb-0.3 error

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Sep 20 05:24:09 CEST 2009

Ok, I have a setup.py that imports stdeb and creates a 'bdist_deb' command.
The entire thing is working except for the last subcommand for
dpkg-buildpackage is trying to build for python2.4 and failing.

dpkg-buildpackage fails in the fakeroot...
debian/rules build
python2.4 -c "import
setuptools,sys;f='setup.py';sys.argv[0]=f;execfile(f,{'__file__':f,'__name__':'__main__'})"
build
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "setup.py", line 35, in ?
import stdeb
ImportError: No module named stdeb
make: *** [build-python2.4] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

Is this something to do with python versions?
So how do I limit the python versions for dpkg-buildpackage?

stdeb is 0.3
$ python -V
Python 2.5.2

Regards,