[Distutils] stdeb-0.3 error

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Sep 21 23:53:27 CEST 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:

> I really didn't have to use any stdeb config args or anything. I just
> created a dir myapp/debian and put a python-myapp.postinst script file
> in there, ran my bdist_deb command and then installed the .deb and the
> python-myapp.postinst script ran perfectly. So do I need to be
> concerned with config args to stdeb? I do see some
> python-myapp.postinst.debhelper etc. scripts in there but I don't know
> if those ran.

So now everything is working on hardy except for the fact that stdeb 0.3
has to be modified to remove the --single-version-externally-managed
option. So can you just create a 0.3a version with this small change and
that could go out to the repositories and be available by default to
everyone. There does not seem to be any impact that I can see in making
this change and since so many people create their own install classes
this would actually prevent conflicts.

Regards,
Gerry