[Distutils] bdist_deb in stdeb

Olof Bjarnason olof.bjarnason at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 22:13:22 CEST 2009

2009/9/28 Andrew Straw <strawman at astraw.com>:
> Olof Bjarnason wrote:

>>> I tried "stdeb_run_setup", it got me a lot of files (and directories)
>>> although no .deb file.
>>>
>>> Also tried "python setup.py bdist_deb" and ".. sdist_deb". Didn't work.
>>>
>>> What is the command line I'm supposed to run in the setup.py directory?
>>>

>> OK I came a little further apt-get:ing debhelper and python-all-dev,
>> then issuing
>>
>> sudo python -c "import stdeb; execfile('setup.py')" bdist_deb
>>
>> .. but it ended with this:
>>
>> Compatibility mode: using detected XS-Python-Version.
>>    dh_scrollkeeper
>>    dh_usrlocal
>>    dh_link
>>    dh_compress
>>    dh_fixperms
>>    dh_strip
>>    dh_makeshlibs
>>    dh_shlibdeps
>>    dh_installdeb
>>    dh_gencontrol
>>    dh_md5sums
>>    dh_builddeb
>> varning, "debian/python-fortressdefender/DEBIAN/control" innehåller
>> användardefinierat fält "Python-Version"
>> dpkg-deb - fel: (upstream) version ("dev") innehåller inga siffror
>> dpkg-deb: 1 fel i kontrollfilen
>> dh_builddeb: command returned error code 512
>> make: *** [binary] Fel 1
>> dpkg-buildpackage: misslyckades: fakeroot debian/rules binary
>> returnerade felkod 2
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>>   File "setup.py", line 42, in <module>
>>     scripts = ["bin/fortressdefender"],
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/core.py", line 152, in setup
>>     dist.run_commands()
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 975, in run_commands
>>     self.run_command(cmd)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 995, in run_command
>>     cmd_obj.run()
>>   File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/stdeb/command/bdist_deb.py", line
>> 40, in run
>>   File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/stdeb/util.py", line 73, in process_command
>>   File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/stdeb/util.py", line 31, in check_call
>> stdeb.util.CalledProcessError: 2
>>

> please do:
>
> sudo apt-get install build-essential
> sudo apt-get install fakeroot

Did both, added no package to my system.

(I guess you are intending to supply a stdeb.deb in the future to fix
all dependencies ;) ?

It would be slick with a script that did this command line:

sudo python -c "import stdeb; execfile('setup.py')" bdist_deb)

I'm going to bed over here. Attaching the whole dump of the above command line.

--
twitter.com/olofb
olofb.wordpress.com