[Distutils] something else to throw into the static metadata mix

kiorky kiorky at cryptelium.net
Wed Sep 30 18:11:56 CEST 2009

Chris Withers a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry to bring this up if it makes things more difficult, if it's been
> solved or is covered by existing proposals, please point me in the right
> way.
>
> I've had a bit of a torrid time building psycopg2 from source of late,
> and in my dream world, being able to specify psycopg2 as a dependent egg
> would "just work" and pull down the right statically linked binary egg.
>
> This raises a problem that I haven't seen covered anywhere: not only
> would these eggs have to be platform dependent, they'd also need to be
> dependent on the required version of postgres.
>
> Does setuptools/buildout/any other existing or proposed packaging
> solution cater for this kind of requirement?

You can with minitage [1].
If you are right into a minitage env. and you have specified that postgresql is
a dependency of your project (minitage section or minibuild) and you have built
it (eg: postgresql-8.4), the egg recipe (minitage.recipe.*) will know how to use
and to point to it (update PATH/LDFLAGS/CFLAGS/RPATH/PKGCONFIG and so on )

> cheers,
>
> Chris

[1] http://www.minitage.org
Cordialement,