[Distutils] package data not installed from python .egg file

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Nov 5 01:06:12 CET 2010

At 09:32 AM 11/3/2010 +0100, Roban Hultman Kramer wrote:
>Can anyone suggest what I need to do to get the package_data files to
>be installed when easy_install unzips the egg file?

The issue is the '..' in your data file names; currently
setuptools.archive_util refuses to extract files with '..' in their
path.  I'm going to go ahead and fix this, but even after I do,
please note that it will continue to be a problem for versions of
easy_install that are out there "in the wild".