[Distutils] pkg_resources on Windows

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 18:42:47 CET 2011

On 12/16/2011 04:10 PM, PJ Eby wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Andrea Crotti
> <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com <mailto:andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Another question, suppose that I have something like
>
>     dev_main -a myapplication
>
>     where myapplication is a certain path.
>     Would it be possible to create a console_script setting in the
>     entry points, that
>     passes that option to dev_main automatically?
>
>     It would be quite nice to get executables out of the box, that
>     under the hood
>     run the development version..
>

> I don't know what 'dev_main' is, but if you're asking, "can I have an
> .exe that runs my development code?", then the answer is yes.  Use
> "setup.py develop".  It will install script .exe's and stub .py files
> to the target directory, but the actual code that's run by the .exe
>  will be your original source code.  Any changes you make to the
> source will take effect the next time you run that exe.

Yes yes I knew this, the real question was more if I can pass something
to the entry
point function in the console_scripts.
The simple way would be to simply create another module which calls the
dev_main
with the right parameter, and use that as an entry point.

But in general it looks like it's not possible to pass arguments, right?