[Distutils] DRAFT PEP 396 - module version number

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Thu Jun 9 13:29:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

> The PEP currently uses `version-from-file` which seems okay to me.  Would that
> work?

Yes, the PEP uses that field since I said I thought it could not reuse
the version field; my email was meant to change “I think it should be
another field” to “it must definitely be another field”.

version-from-file is a good name if a regex is applied to extract a
version from the first lines of a file; if the whole contents of the
file are the version number (sorry Ben, I cannot call it something else
:), it should be version-file to mirror description-file.

Regards