[Distutils] command hooks...

Robert Park rbpark at exolucere.ca
Wed May 23 18:27:02 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Tarek Ziadé <tarek at ziade.org> wrote:
> On 5/23/12 8:16 AM, Robert Park wrote:
>> It's absolutely critical that any replacement for distutils have
>> built-in functionality for installed python code being able to query
>> at run-time the location that data files were placed at install time.
>
> Please read this section and let us know what you think:
>
> http://docs.python.org/dev/packaging/setupcfg.html#resources

Yeah, the [files] definition in setup.cfg looks fine, the space syntax
in the source definition I would consider highly important in order to
avoid installing things into {datadir}/doc/foo/doc/ as given in the
example.

> This works in conjunction with the new sysconfig module, which can be
> configured system-wide by the linux distribution, or locally per projet
>
> Then you can use an API to get the file from your code.

I didn't see any mention of this aspect in the documentation you
linked. What does the API look like?

--
http://exolucere.ca